Stand firm in the face of gravity- with Ultherapy®
Ultherapy is the only FDA-cleared procedure to utilize non-invasive, non-surgical ultrasound technology for skin tightening. Ultherapy works to tighten and lift the brow, face, under the neck and along the jawline, as well as the décolleté.
Ultherapy works from the inside-out, directing the ultrasound energy precisely at the areas in need of tightening, creating a stronger, tighter structural foundation, as well as noticeable surface tightening. While lasers improve the appearance of the superficial skin layers, Ultherapy goes deep, affecting the foundational layers, SMAS and Platysma, which support the skin. The device produces an image of the skin and underlying connective tissue so the practitioner can deliver targeted energy under the surface of the skin with the optimal depth, temperature, and precision necessary to generate new collagen and to tighten and lift the skin.
Similar to the way a vigorous workout leaves you sore the next day, Ultherapy creates micro-damage to the underlying tissues, which helps your body respond faster with rebuilding collagen and tightening throughout the area. Collagen is a natural protein that provides the elasticity and tone in youthful skin. As we age, the collagen in our skin loses its strength and diminishes. Ultherapy works by jump-starting the collagen-production. Because your body builds collagen over the months following your Ultherapy treatment, your results appear naturally and slowly.
Ultherapy sessions usually last 60-90 minutes. You do not have to take downtime after your treatment. Discomfort level varies from patient to patient, and so it is difficult to say if you will experience this as discomfort. Some of our patients tolerate the procedure well, while others experience discomfort or pain during the treatment. Possible painful sensations are temporary, and it is a signal that the collagen-building process has started. There are no significant risks associated with this procedure other than short-term swelling, bruising, tenderness, or tingling.
Results are not immediate, though you may experience a boost in collagen production directly following your treatment. Full results will develop over time, usually between 4-6 months following the procedure. Natural, slower-developing results mean you won’t look radically different overnight, and no one will need to know you’ve had anything done. Results have been shown to last for at least two years, with gradual aging beginning to show after the two years. Every patient responds to treatment differently. Factors that affect the results of an Ultherapy treatment include the patient’s aftercare, environmental factors such as sun exposure, habits such as smoking, and the patient’s intrinsic aging. For more enhanced, long-lasting results, you can combine this treatment with simultaneous means of skin tightening (Vivace Microneedling, Clear + Brilliant or CO2). You can also get an Ultherapy treatment alongside injectable relaxants or fillers such as Botox, Juvederm, Dysport, and Restylane. To prolong your results, you may wish to have another treatment at the end of the two years. Remember that no procedure can stop the aging process, but Ultherapy can help you make significant progress towards turning back the effects of gravity.
What is Ultherapy®?
- Ultherapy® is a non-surgical, face and neck treatment that uses forced ultrasound energy to lift and tone loose skin without any downtime.
- Ultherapy® delivers heat below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s natural renewal of existing collagen and the creation of new collagen.
- The areas that can be treated are around the eyes, the forehead, cheeks, and upper neck. Ultherapy® does not replace surgery such as a “facelift”, but is a viable option for those not ready for a facelift or those looking to prolong the effects of their cosmetic surgery.
Who is a good candidate for Ultherapy®?
- Someone with skin that has ” relaxed” to the point of looking less firm.
- Laxity commonly first occurs on the forehead, which leads to a lowered brow line, sagging skin/hooding on the eyelids and a less open-eye appearance.
- Cheek and neck laxity can lead to flattening of the mid-cheek, nasolabial folds, a downturned mouth (marionette lines), loss of jawline angularity, jowls and sagging under the chin.